Thursday 6 December 2012

SPEED RECRUITMENT SCOTLAND


 SPEED RECRUITMENT SCOTLAND
On Wednesday 28th November, was the first Speed Recruitment Event in Scotland.
Ernst and Young in Glasgow, whose Graduate Recruitment Team were kind enough to host the event.
E&Y, PWC and Acumen Solutions spent the afternoon interviewing the candidates, giving feedback and passing on their knowledge of applications and their industries.


Adeela Akram – BSc Accounting and Finance Graduate, University of Bradford


The Ernst and Young speed recruitment in Glasgow was the first Blind in Business event I have attended. Therefore I was unsure on what to expect. However I found it to be extremely useful. I had the opportunity to meet employers from a range of organisations such as Acumen Solutions and Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Each recruiter offered a short interview and valuable feedback was provided based on my strengths and weaknesses during the interview. This was an excellent learning experience as I realised what I must do to improve my interviewing skills, it was also a very good social experience as I had the chance to meet new people.


John James Laidlaw – Masters, Dundee University


I was invited along to the speed recruitment event at Ernest & Young in their George Square office in Glasgow. The event gave a number of blind and visually impaired graduates and undergraduates the opportunity to be interviewed by different organisations from the business world and gain invaluable feedback on their technique. An insight into what they look for in potential candidates for some of their grad schemes was also given. I personally felt prior to the event that this would be a valuable networking event from which I could learn a lot. This proved to be the case as everyone involved was keen to give constructive advice, share their personal experiences, as well as delivering a realistic interview scenario. I personally was totally new to these types of scenarios, but felt as though as the event progressed I grew more comfortable with these. The event was in my eyes a complete success and these types of events have the potential to help give many blind and visually impaired people the confidence to embark upon a long and fulfilling career.


Paul Murray – MMusic, University of Aberdeen


The Speed Recruitment was a new depth for me. As a student, I haven't explored employment options or opportunities and with coinciding issues I was dealing with, I was more than nervous. The actual event was by far the most informative and interesting day I could have experienced. I managed to up my confidence in an employment environment and also got to give my newly acquired skills a try out. From this event I have made ties with some employers and gotten some valuable knowledge in the process.


SPEED RECRUITMENT SCOTLAND


If you would like to get involved in our next Speed Recruitment in London on March 26th in 2013, then please email justin@blindinbusiness.co.uk for more information.




 

1 comment: